Monday 26 March 2012

Being yelled at

And so, just on the verge of completing two months at work, I get my first real yelling. On a Saturday night. While on a conference call. 

I feel sick, and the thought of going in to office today fills me with dread. I'm hurt, disappointed, unappreciated, not just a little angry, and very indignant. 

My mom thinks I should have a chat with my boss. Tell him that I felt he over-reacted to the issue, and that I understood why he was upset with me, and that I would ensure I wouldn't let it happen again, he needn't have been as venomous as he was. Unfortunately, I have never been good at confrontations. In all my years, I have never been able to present my point of view calmly and rationally to someone who isn't predisposed to listen. Any attempt to clarify my stand in such a situation, usually ends with me in tears.

And I don't think bursting into tears while talking to my boss is a very good idea.


No comments:

Post a Comment